*Blink, blink, blink*
This is a first for me. My first award and there are three included with it all at once. I know I said I’m an all or none type of person, but I didn’t mean it like this. Not that I’m complaining, I’m not. Honest!
So, here I go, I’ll try to do this right. First, the awards themselves.
~Below Are The Rules~
1. Display your award picture, on a blog post. See above
2. Thank the person who nominated you, link them back in your post.
For this, I have to thank Kristy who came in contact with my blog because I linked to her interview with her Niece, a young aspiring writer like Kristy who reminded me of when I was a teenager. Like me we have a love of science fiction and fantasy. Her nomination of me for this award can be found here: http://familyeverything.wordpress.com/2013/05/07/wow-bouguet-of-three-awards/
So Thank You Kristy, I truly appreciate it.
3. Pass the nomination on to 15 Bloggers you have recently discovered.
To be honest, I don’t follow 15 blogs. I don’t have a ton of time on my hands to read blog posts despite a desire to so when I choose a blog that I am willing to follow, there has to be a lot of things going for it. So I can’t go to the full 15, but I can nominate 6.
- http://teekytwigg.wordpress.com/ – Teeky is one of those bloggers who, like me, writes, but her perceptions on life in general have helped me smile and laugh. She’s wonderfully witty and honest.
- http://jadereyner.com/ – Jade captured my imagination with her posts. She’s one of those people who casts her net far and wide to bring back thoughts that are both profound and a joy to read. The more of her posts I read, the more I find myself captivated by her.
- http://pheonixwings2thinking.wordpress.com/ – my best friend, of course I follow her posts. Not only that, but she is a talented writer who works hard in life to get what she has. She’s a fighter.
- http://wrightwriter.wordpress.com/ – I get most of my writing prompts from Heather, and she doesn’t hold back when she does a great job at sharing the writing process.
- http://cristianmihai.net/ – Cristian is one of those people who also casts a wide net that in one way or another works toward writing. I enjoy reading what he’s going to post next.
- http://delanceystewart.wordpress.com/ – I stumbled on Delancy’s blog quite by accident and since that first post of hers that I read, well, I was hooked because she’s a mother, a writer, and works. I find a lot of parallels between us based on her posts though I’m not sure if that translates to the rest of our lives. I’m also incredibly jealous of her success at the moment.
5. Finally share 7 things about yourself.
Seven things about me? Hmm, I think I will try to list seven things I haven’t posted about yet, just to keep it fresh you know… Great, now I have to think.
1. I love music. Not just listening, though I do that as well. I listen to all types as long as I can understand what they are singing/saying. Some of my favorite artists are: Tim McGraw, Brad Paisley, LL Cool J, Bing Cospy, and Eminem (don’t look at me like that). Beyond that, I enjoy singing though I wouldn’t say I’m good enough for anything beyond singing at home to the kids and Rock Band. I also play some instruments. I played the Clarinet for 8 years, I can play most wood winds except the Basoon, but I can’t play brass instruments despite a good effort to try. I’m an okay technical player of the piano and I’ve been trying to learn how to play the guitar for the last 10 years with limited success, but I keep trying.
2. The longest I’ve ever lived in one place is 5 years, when I was in high school back in Montana. I honestly don’t know what it is like to settle for longer than that, but I want to and I’m hoping to find out soon what it will be like.
3. The only craft I do is making candles and I’m only now learning how to do it. I’ve tried it all but I either don’t have the patience for it or the time.
4. I have a brown thumb. I have absolutely no luck with plants and not from a lack of trying. My own daughter has told me that she will take care of any plants that I may or may not want because she doesn’t want me to kill them… Gee, thanks!
5. At work, I’m highly organized, but at home I am not. Well, not in anyway that is easily identifiable. I can find pretty much anything in my house and if someone else was to try and fix or clean my house without my permission, I go nuts.
6. I can’t watch horror movies because of my vivid imagination. Once, after watching the movie Skyline, I dreamed that my husband was stepped on and his head was taken off. In the middle of the night I jerked and grabbed his head to make sure it was still there…
The Grand Finale, hmm, I’ll have to think up something juicy…
7. My greatest wish is to do some street racing. My husband won’t let me and, now that I think about it, neither will the law which is unfortunate. I think it would be a blast!
So, there you have it. Thanks for this award Kristy, I appreciate it.