All I keep hearing these days is how Self Publishing may be the best way to go for a number of reasons:
2. You get more of the profits
3. You have more control (to a control freak like me, can we say appealing?)
I’m sure there are other reasons (and please feel free to share them).
So far though I’ve avoided it despite every person who hearing that I’m a writer saying it immediately with “Wow, what do you write?” “Have you tried self-publishing?” The problem is, well, actually there are two problems. The first is I want to do it the old fashion way. The second problem is that I know very little and what books I do find on it talks more about non-fiction than fiction. The sites I find are trying to get me to go with them. I do know a few of the cons however:
1. You have to do the marketing for it.
2. You have to pay for it.
3. You have to spend more time trying to get people to buy it instead of writing the next book.
Tip of the iceberg too I bet. But as you can see, I know very little so I have to ask: Is there a website or a book that has a list of resources in a central location about self-publishing to answer questions for people like myself who are on the fence. Who see more cons than pros or are purely stubborn? (For inquiring minds, I’m both btw). If not, would one be useful?
- Interesting Self-Publishing Information (mrsmbitsko.com)
- Outskirts Press Earns Top 5-Star Rating in Self-Publishing from TopConsumerReviews.com (prweb.com)
- Digital Publishing Breakthrough: Indie Authors Customize eBook Package… (prweb.com)
- Balancing Family with Writing (jennykellerford.wordpress.com)